CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Y" Week


For some reason, our school combines the letters X, Y and Z all together. I don't know that I like it because I love to give each letter a lot of attention. The letter "Y" turned out to be a lot of fun! First, I gave each child a "Y" cut out of poster board. Then I covered the table with all different colors and textures of yarn. The really sweet thing about the yarn is that it came from my grandmother, she passed away many, many years ago. She was a true crafter and I'm sure she loves knowing how I am using it. Anyway, I didn't give my students any directions. Some were kinda freaked out about it but I insisted that they "do whatever they wanted with the yarn". Some wanted to glue it out on the "Y" and others decided to wrap it! Here is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment