CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 15, 2012

C is for Color Cake!

One of this week's activities has officially been named "THE MOST FUN EVER" by my class!  We baked and ate a color cake!!!   
I've seen this posted on PINTEREST but it was called a "tie-dyed cake".  Since it was our "C" week we called it a "color cake".  I don't care what YOU call it, just do it!  It was so much fun.  Let me show you what we did.  First, we followed the instruction and mixed up a plain white cake mix.  Next, we divided it up into little cups.  Each student decided what color they wanted to make their mix.  (You can probably tell by the end result that green was a big hit!)  We used gel food coloring so that the colors would be more intense and everyone started mixing.


Soon it was time to dump all the colors into a pan
and put it in the oven.

Thirty-seven magical minutes later we had a. . . . .
COLORFUL CAKE

Believe me, this was the most delicious "C" lesson ever!  I hope you will try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment